WEKIVA PTA PRESENTS
ART & WRITING CONTEST
Entry Deadline: February 24, 2023
Plan it Out!
• Read “A Cricket in Time Square” and select a character, scene or theme from the book.
• Choose from one of these 3 categories: Diorama | Visual Arts | Essays and Poems
• All work must be complete by the student with minimal help from parents or caregivers.
• It is encouraged to use recycled materials or existing objects at home and not to purchase any completed projects.
Send it In!
• One student per entry. Student name and classroom teacher name must be written clearly on the entry.
Please submit it to student’s classroom teacher no later than February 24, 2023.
• Dioramas must be able to be carried by the student into school. Must be a scene from the book or a theme represented in the book.
• Visual Arts must be able to be carried in by the student. Examples of work could be watercolor, drawing, chalk, pastels etc.
Must be on a paper or flat surface and not three dimensional.
• Essays and Poems need to be written clearly on paper or typed. Hard copy submission only.
• All entries will be displayed at our Family Dinner on March 2nd, 2023. Winners will be announced at that time.
• One winner and one honorable mention per catergory will be selected from each grade. Winners will receive a Literacy Alive t-shirt and Scholastic Book Fair Gift Card.
Join us for our 4th Annual Koala Golf Scramble
Early Bird registration for Wekiva Elementary's Koala Golf Scramble is now open! Join us on the green for a round of golf and lunch supporting Wekiva Elementary School PTA. The tournament is open to the public and is for golfers of all abilities (children with golfing experience are welcome).
Event Date: President's Day, Monday, February 20th
Location: Wekiva Golf Club, 4100 Wekiva Club House Dr, Longwood, FL 32779
Check-in opens at 7 a.m. | Shot Gun starts at 8:30 a.m.
Single Player: $125
Scramble includes 18 holes of golf, a golf cart, access to the driving range before the tournament begins, lunch following golf, on-course competitions, a Swag Bag, prizes, and LOTS OF FUN!
**Fantastic raffle and silent auction prizes will be available throughout the day.**